There are five categories of membership:
1. Full Member is medical doctor who has completed a post graduate training in gynaecology and obstetrics and registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria as a specialist in the specialty.
2. Life Member is a full member who have paid up-front a lump sum fee equivalent to 20 years of current subscription.
3. Senior Member is a full member nominated and approved by the executive council haven been an active/financial member continuously for at least 10years and now retired from active service, or has attained the age of 70 years.
4. Associate Member is a resident in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
5. Honorary Member (Fellowship) refer to men and women irrespective of their profession who are not ordinarily eligible to be members of SOGON but who have distinguished themselves in service to women and the newborn or the general public at large.